Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Art in Progress


Literature is ART. Like a blank canvass, its possibilities are endless. The writer is the artist;the words, his medium. Literature triggers countless emotions-an evidence that we live and not merely exist. It is a bridge from the writer to the reader. Lives are changed from the ideals we read or even from the stories we share. I can share so much as how reading and writing changed the way I see the world. Through reading other people's works, I was able to catch a glimpse of reality through their eyes and to travel the world while even in my seat. :) Here's a short poem I read about what Literature is:

"Literature is a fantasy world.

Literature is emotions unfurled.

Literature is the mind's paintbrush.

Literature is a heart's soft touch.

Literature is imagination.

Literature is sleep deprivation.

Literature is my greatest bane.

Literature is my favourite game.

Literature is birds on wing.

Literature is...

Everything."

-streamwolf8.deviantart.com

(ORIGINAL POST CAN BE FOUND HERE.)

Photo credits to: http://epicureanpoetry.deviantart.com/art/Imagination-waiting-85923138

No comments:

Post a Comment