Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tanaga


Marina Bay

Thousand white orbs float at sea
Moving swiftly,gracefully
Countless hopes, a million pleas
a blur of ink-new year's wish.




The "Wishing Sphere" was started by the Esplanade (Singapore) in 2005, as a way to connect people, through their wishes, for the year ahead. You write your hopes or wishes for the coming year on big rubber balloons and set them afloat at Marina Bay.

Last year, there were more than 5500 spheres tossed at sea- most of the wishes coming from elders and the less privileged. Wishes range from asking for good health to hoping to get good grades or new girlfriends (a 70 year old man wished for this, haha). 8D

This yearly event inspired me to write my tanaga.




That's me up there.. writing my New Year's wish. My wish came true :) ..but I'm not telling you what it is. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment